Dorel Juvenile Group Launches New Website for Safety 1st, Cosco and Eddie Bauer Baby Brands
Historical Stock Chart
3 Years : From Jul 2012 to Jul 2015
COLUMBUS, Ind. and FOXBORO, Mass., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dorel Juvenile Group (DJG), a division of Dorel Industries Inc. (TSX: DII.B, DII.A) and the nation's largest juvenile products manufacturer, has launched a redesigned website combining three of its core brands, Safety 1st, Cosco and Eddie Bauer Baby, to maximize the consumer experience through seamless navigation, expanded educational information and user friendly features. All of the new elements are designed to more easily educate parents on what products are best for their children and how to use them safely.
"Improved surfing and user-friendly tools provide a seamless experience for parents and caregivers looking for information," said Julie Vallese, Consumer Safety Expert for Dorel Juvenile Group. "We are thrilled to integrate the redesigned site into our parenting toolkit, that helps us provide a safer world for children."
The new website launched this month and some new features include:
- Compare Products: This feature allows consumers to compare products, such as infant car seats or high chairs, to help them make the best purchasing decision for their needs. The compare products feature is easy to use by dragging and dropping products into the compare box. Once several products are in the compare box, simply click compare for results.
- Quick Info: The Quick Info option allows consumers to see a quick overview of the product without clicking to a new page. This adds to a seamless and quick experience on the site. Simply hover over one of the products and click the Quick Info button to get information.
- Wish List: Consumers can now create a "wish list" of products. These can be stored for a later purchase, or shared with friends and family.
- Photos and Video Demos: This feature allows consumers to have a full view and tutorial on highlighted products further aiding in the purchase decision.
- Consumer Notices: Parents and caregivers are now one click away from all product notices and ease of use information with a prominent button displayed on the home page.
- Social Media Component: The product pages as well as tools and advice pages feature sharing across social media channels. Consumers can easily post to Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest sharing their favorites with friends.
In celebration of the relaunch and enhanced social media integration, Safety 1st will be hosting an "Ask Our Expert" online event from Tuesday, November 13, 2012 to Friday, November 16, 2012. During the "Ask Our Expert" event, Julie Vallese, Consumer Safety Expert with Dorel Juvenile Group, will be answering parent's questions and providing helpful advice.
To interact and ask Julie questions during the "Ask Our Expert" event, visit Safety 1st at Facebook.com/Safety1st and post questions throughout the day on the Facebook wall. Each day of the week will focus on a new product category, such as car seats, strollers, child care and home & travel safety. The category of the day will be announced on the Safety 1st Facebook and Twitter pages at the beginning of each day.
To check out the new site, please visit www.Safety1st.com.
About Dorel Juvenile Group
Dorel Industries Inc. (TSX: DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products and bicycle company. Now in its 50th year, Dorel creates style and excitement in equal measure to safety, quality and value. The Company's lifestyle leadership position is pronounced in both its Juvenile and Bicycle categories with an array of trend-setting products. Dorel's powerfully branded products include Safety 1st, Quinny, Cosco, Maxi-Cosi and Bébé Confort in Juvenile, as well as Cannondale, Schwinn, GT, Mongoose, IronHorse and SUGOI in Recreational/Leisure. Dorel's Home Furnishings segment markets a wide assortment of both domestically produced and imported furniture products, principally within North America. Dorel has annual sales of US$2.4 billion and employs 5,000 people in facilities located in twenty-four countries worldwide.
SOURCE Dorel Juvenile Group