New 5W Dual Output DC-DC Converter Designed for Rugged Reliability
Historical Stock Chart
3 Years : From Nov 2011 to Nov 2014
ELECTRONICA, MUNICH, Germany, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- VPT Inc., a HEICO company (NYSE:HEI.A) (NYSE:HEI), announces the availability of a new dual output DC-DC power converter to power electronics in unmanned vehicles, ships, armored ground vehicles, and other rugged systems. The VPT5-2800D DC-DC power converter delivers up to 5 watts from a small footprint of approximately one square inch, meets several military standards, and features a six-sided metal package.
"At VPT, we design for extreme reliability from the start," said Monty Pyle, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at VPT. "Like all of our products, the new VPT5 dual output converter satisfies rigorous design standards that include MIL-STD-704 input voltage requirements, full operation over an extended temperature range, and all-sided metal packaging to provide excellent EMI shielding. This product is on the shelf and ready to provide smooth power through harsh environments."
About the VPT5-2800D Dual Output DC-DC Converter
The VPT5-2800D is a step down DC-DC power converter delivering up to 5W from two outputs.
- Wide input voltage range: 15 to 50 volts per MIL-STD-704 and MIL-STD-1275
- High input transient voltage: 80 volts for 1 sec per MIL-STD-704A
- Dual outputs of +/- 5V, +/- 12V and +/- 15V
- Full operation over -55 degrees C to +100 degrees C military temperature range
- Low input/output noise
- Input undervoltage lockout, output soft start, short circuit protection, current limit protection
- Fixed frequency
- Magnetic feedback circuit with no optoisolators
- High efficiency
- Six-sided rugged metal enclosure
- Internally conformal coated
- Size 1.110" x 1.110" x 0.4" (1.23in2), weight just 22g
- Designed for duty in harsh environments including shock, vibration, temperature cycling and more
Compliances and Certifications:
- MIL-STD-1275 input voltage range
- MIL-STD-704A input voltage requirements
- MIL-STD-461C-F when used with a VPTF1 Series EMI filter
- DEF STAN 61-5 and DEF STAN 59-411 when used with a VPTc10-28 EMI filter
- Environmental screening to JESD22, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-883
- J-STD-001, ISO-9001, IPC-A-610 manufacturing
Modules are in stock now with pricing beginning at US $100.00 in OEM quantities. The VPT5-2800D is part of the VPT Series, VPT's line of high reliability, COTS DC-DC converters offering power outputs from 5 to 200W. Complete technical details are available at www.vptpower.com. For further information, contact VPT at (425) 353-3010.
About VPT and HEICO
VPT, Inc., part of the HEICO Electronic Technologies Group, leads the industry in providing innovative DC-DC power converters, EMI filters, and custom engineering services for avionics, military, and space applications. VPT can deliver its power solutions in a fast timeframe, with certified quality, at a comfortable cost. Every day, organizations like NASA, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, the United States Air Force, and many more depend on quality solutions from VPT to power critical systems. Whether on the ground, in the air, or beyond, VPT provides the power driving critical missions today. For more information about VPT, please visit the web site at www.vptpower.com.
HEICO Corporation (NYSE:HEI.A) (NYSE:HEI) is engaged primarily in certain niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries through its Hollywood, FL-based HEICO Aerospace Holdings Corp. subsidiary and its Miami, FL-based HEICO Electronic Technologies Corp. subsidiary. For more information about HEICO, please visit the web site at www.heico.com.
Marketing Communications Mgr.
VPT, Inc. www.vptpower.com
Twitter l Facebook l YouTube
SOURCE VPT, Inc.