Hertz On Demand Introduces Electric Vehicles In San Antonio
Hertz Global Holdings (NYSE:HTZ)
Historical Stock Chart
3 Years : From Oct 2012 to Oct 2015
PARK RIDGE, N.J., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ) today announced the expansion of its car sharing program, Hertz On Demand, in San Antonio with the introduction of a Nissan Leaf electric vehicle and the addition of seven parking locations throughout downtown San Antonio.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121115/NY13139LOGO )
"We've enjoyed a successful partnership with the City of San Antonio, seeing membership and usage continue to grow each month, and we're pleased to expand Hertz On Demand to make it even more convenient and accessible to residents, visitors and workers throughout the city," commented Mark P. Frissora, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hertz. "Hertz is bringing the future of mobility to city residents with the addition of the Nissan Leaf Electric Vehicle while expanding our overall fleet to more than 20 vehicles and tripling the number of car sharing locations, allowing members to easily select the car they want and go."
Since the program's launch in San Antonio in March 2012, the program has exceeded the expectations for both the City and Hertz. The addition of the Nissan Leaf makes San Antonio the second city in Texas to have an electric vehicle as part of its car share program.
The Hertz On Demand pay-as-you-go service, with no annual fees, provides members with 24/7 access to vehicles strategically located throughout the city's downtown area. Hertz On Demand offers members a range of cars – from an electric vehicle to compacts, sedans and SUVs – available both in parking lots and on on-street parking spots. Hertz On Demand provides an economical, convenient and socially conscious alternative to car ownership. It has approximately 150,000 members, is available in six countries and on approximately 50 university campuses.
San Antonio-area residents, City employees and tourists can sign up online, reserve cars which can be picked up from one of Hertz On Demand's several conveniently located hubs, and experience the enhanced member benefits offered by Hertz On Demand, including:
- Free membership. Hertz On Demand has no enrollment fee or annual membership fee, and offers low hourly or daily rates starting as low as $6.50/hour for the Chevy Sonic or Toyota Yaris.
- New rental fleet options include the Dodge Avenger, Toyota Yaris, Ford Escape, Chevy Sonic, Toyota RAV4, Jeep Liberty and Nissan Rogue. A Nissan LEAF is currently available at the City Hall as part of the Hertz Global EV program.
- 180 miles a day, gas and insurance included in rates.
- Daily rates on Hertz rental car for longer trips; Ability to rent a car for up to 30 days.
- Unparalleled member service including 24/7 live, in-car assistance from a team of Hertz Member Care experts.
- No late fees. Hertz On Demand members will not receive punitive charges/late fees for the late return of a vehicle.
San Antonio Hertz On Demand Car Sharing Locations:
- 200 block of Market St. (across from Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center)
- West Houston St. / N. Laredo St.(near the Alameda Theater)
- 121 Soledad St. (on-street parking)
- Blue Star Complex (108 Blue Star)
- 200 block of Avenue A
- City Hall Annex Parking Lot – Dolorosa St.
- Convent Street/N. St. Mary's (on-street parking)
- Labor St./Refugio St. (on-street parking)
- Richmond Avenue/Augusta St. (on-street parking)
- Villita St./St. Mary's St. (on-street parking)
- 100 block of Jack White (on-street parking)
- 1013 S. Flores
- Weston Centre (412 Soledad)
- 100 block of Jack White Way
About Hertz On Demand
Hertz On Demand, Hertz's global car sharing club, has more than 850 vehicles, 150,000 members and more than 250 locations worldwide, including corporate offices and universities. Hertz On Demand offers a variety of vehicles available for online reservation at competitive rates. All cars are equipped with Eileo® technology, and benefits covered by the hourly rate include gas, insurance, GPS turn-by-turn navigation, 24/7 roadside assistance, 24-hour Member Care Center communication, and 180 free miles per day.
Hertz, the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operates from approximately 8,800 locations in approximately 150 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 111 major airports in Europe. Hertz is an inaugural member of Travel + Leisure's World's Best Awards Hall of Fame, was named by the magazine's readers' as the Best Car Rental Agency, and was voted the Best Overall Car Rental Company in Zagat's 2012/13 U.S. Car Rental Survey. Products such as Hertz Gold Choice, NeverLost(r), and unique cars and SUVs offered through the Company's Adrenaline, Prestige and Green Traveler Collections, set Hertz. Hertz owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation, operates the Hertz On Demand car sharing, and owns a leading North American equipment rental business, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, which includes Hertz Entertainment Services.
For more information, visit www.HertzOnDemand.com or www.hertz.com. For more information about San Antonio's car share program, visit www.sanantonio.gov.
SOURCE The Hertz Corporation