SiriusXM To Launch Special Pop Up Channel to Review the 2012 Year in Sports
Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:SIRI)
Historical Stock Chart
5 Years : From Feb 2011 to Feb 2016
NEW YORK, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced that it will launch a special year-end pop up channel dedicated to reviewing the year that was in the world of sports. Launching Wednesday, December 26, and airing through Thursday, January 3, the channel will offer sports fans a look back at the biggest sports stories and events from 2012 with highlights, interviews and commentary from SiriusXM's many experts.
"The Year in SiriusXM Sports" channel will be available to subscribers nationwide on channel 142 on satellite radios and on channel 962 on SiriusXM.com and on the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones and other mobile devices.
Sports fans can relive the New York Giants' Super Bowl XLVI victory; the San Francisco Giants' World Series title; the Los Angeles Kings' first Stanley Cup championship; LeBron James' first title with the NBA Champion Miami Heat; the National Championship titles for the Alabama Crimson Tide football team and the Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball team; Bubba Watson's emotional Masters victory; Brad Keselowski's run to the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship; Europe's come-from-behind victory in the Ryder Cup, the U.S. Women's Soccer Team's Olympic gold medal victory and many more of the year's top moments.
"At the end of every calendar year sports fans find themselves looking back on the moments - both the highs and the lows - that defined the year in sports," said Steve Cohen, SiriusXM's SVP of Sports Programming. "SiriusXM's across-the-board lineup of sports channels and live sports coverage has covered it all, delivering our listeners interviews with key figures and the experienced perspectives of our hosts, while giving fans a place to call in and voice their feedback. 'The Year in SiriusXM Sports' brings it all together on one channel for an in-depth, comprehensive look back at the year that was."
Listeners will hear highlights from interviews over the past year with many of the sports figures and others who made headlines in 2012, including:
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who sat down for an exclusive SiriusXM Town Hall with SiriusXM listeners
- Super Bowl winning NY Giants QB Eli Manning, coach Tom Coughlin and owner John Mara; star NFL rookies Robert Griffin III and Andrew Luck; and New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees
- Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson, the NFL's leading rusher in 2012, who was interviewed by SiriusXM NFL Radio host and 2006 NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson
- MLB Commissioner Bud Selig's interview with MLB Network Radio hosts Cal Ripken Jr. and Bill Ripken at the MLB All-Star Game.
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion Brad Keselowski; Daytona 500 winner Matt Kenseth; Indy 500 Champion Dario Franchitti; and NASCAR's most popular driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Notre Dame head football coach Brian Kelly; Texas A&M QB and Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel; Alabama QB A.J. McCarron; Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer; Kentucky Men's Basketball coach John Calipari; and legendary former UConn coach Jim Calhoun, who retired after 40 years as a head coach and three National Championships
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer; World #1 ranked golfer Rory McIlroy; Masters Champion Bubba Watson; US Open Champion Webb Simpson; Ryder Cup star Ian Poulter; and World #3 Tiger Woods
- LA Kings goalie and Conn Smythe Trophy Winner Jonathan Quick
- US Women's Soccer Team goalkeeper and Olympic gold medallist Hope Solo
- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, who joined Chris "Mad Dog" Russo to discuss the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy
The channel will also feature commentary from many of SiriusXM's hosts as they discussed the biggest sports stories of 2012 and how they unfolded – from the championships, to the standout performances of new stars and established veterans, to the year's scandals and lowlights.
SiriusXM hosts contributing their insights include:
- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, host of SiriusXM's Basketball & Beyond with Coach K
- Hall of Famer and 16-time Emmy Award winner John Madden, host of Madden Football on SiriusXM NFL Radio
- 2006 NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson, 2002 NFL MVP Rich Gannon, former NFL QB Jim Miller and Adam Schein of SiriusXM NFL Radio
- Mad Dog Radio's Chris Russo, Evan Cohen and Steve Phillips
- Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew of SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio
- Heisman Trophy winners Tim Brown and Eddie George of SiriusXM College Sports Nation
- SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio's Matt Adams
- Casey Stern and former GM Jim Bowden of MLB Network Radio
- Former U.S. Men's Soccer Team captain John Harkes of SiriusXM FC
- SiriusXM NASCAR Radio's Mike Bagley and Pete Pistone
- Justin Termine, host of SiriusXM's NBA show, Off the Dribble
- Boxing expert Randy Gordon, host of SiriusXM's Friday Night at the Fights
- MMA analyst and fighter R.J. Clifford, host of SiriusXM Fight Club
- Pro wrestling expert Dave LaGreca, host of SiriusXM's Busted Open
For more info visit www.siriusxm.com
About Sirius XM Radio
Sirius XM Radio Inc. is the world's largest radio broadcaster measured by revenue and has 23.4 million subscribers. SiriusXM creates and broadcasts commercial-free music; premier sports talk and live events; comedy; news; exclusive talk and entertainment; and the most comprehensive Latin music, sports and talk programming in radio. SiriusXM is available in vehicles from every major car company in the U.S., from retailers nationwide, and online at siriusxm.com. SiriusXM programming is also available through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for Android, Apple, and BlackBerry smartphones and other connected devices. SiriusXM also holds a minority interest in SiriusXM Canada which has more than 2 million subscribers.
This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, our plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "believe," "intend," "plan," "projection," "outlook" or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of our management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond our control. Actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statements: our competitive position versus other forms of audio entertainment; our dependence upon automakers; general economic conditions; failure of our satellites, which, in most cases, are not insured; our ability to attract and retain subscribers at a profitable level; royalties we pay for music rights; the unfavorable outcome of pending or future litigation; failure of third parties to perform; and our substantial indebtedness. Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, which is filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov). The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and we disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.
Follow SiriusXM on Twitter or like the SiriusXM page on Facebook.
SOURCE Sirius XM Radio