PARIS, Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- midem today unveils the marketing campaigns selected as finalists of the second edition of the midem marketing competition. Organised by Reed MIDEM, midem 2013 will take place in Cannes, 26-29 January.
Open to the world's most creative brands and agencies, the midem marketing competition highlights the most innovative use of music or partnership with an artist in a marketing campaign (first category) and, new this year, the best music placement in an advertising campaign (second category).
Short-listed by Contagious, the ad industry's authority on creativity and innovation, the 10 finalists for the first category are:
Most innovative use of music/partnership with artist
- "Breaking the Law of Silence" by La Chose (France)
- "Green Day live in New York City presented by Nokia Music and AT&T" by MAC Presents (USA)
- "Make the City Sound Better - The Sound Taxi" by AIAIAI (Denmark)
- "Move To The Beat" by Cake (UK)
- "MTV Gif Me More Party" by Buzzman (France)
- "Obrigado, Brasil" by Pereira O'Dell (USA)
- "The Dewarists" by Only Much Louder (India)
- "The Sound of Creation" by DDB & Tribal Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- "Turntable Rider" by TBWA/HAKUHODO (Japan)
- "Vodafone/Yonderboi – Soundmapping" by Vodafone (Hungary)
Selected by The Reel, the cutting-edge online service showcasing the best in TV, cinema and viral advertising from around the world, the 10 finalists for the second category are:
Best music placement in advertising
- "Blackberry Night Bikes" by Cutting Edge Music (UK)
- "C3 Face" by The:Hours (France)
- "La Guirlande" by The Shop / Young & Rubicam (France)
- "Matinique Moments" by Upright Music (Denmark)
- "NBA Baller Beats" by [PIAS] Recordings (UK)
- "Origami" by BETC Music (France)
- "Renault Twizy: Plug into the Positive Energy" by Digitas, Publicis Conseil & Moxie (France)
- "Sprint/HTC EVO 4G LTE Launch" by Leo Burnett (USA)
- "Unlock the 007 in you" by Publicis Conseil (France)
- "YouTube Space Lab" by Aurotone (UK)
In Cannes, the finalists will present their campaigns on Saturday 26 January (first category) and Sunday 27 January (second category) to midem participants and to the jury, composed of executives from the music industry (including Warner Music Group and Live Nation), advertising agencies (including Wieden+Kennedy and Moxie) and brands (including Coca-Cola and Nike). The name of the two winning campaigns will be disclosed on Monday 28 January, during the Visionary Monday programme, in the Palais des Festival's Debussy Auditorium.
The submissions received this year are up of 95% compared to last year, with campaigns sent for the first time from Japan, Colombia, Brazil, India and Mexico, among a total of 17 countries. 23% of the submitted campaigns came from technology brands, 22% from transport brands, 17% from major retail names, 14% from entertainment, 13% from food and beverage brands, 8% from institutions, and 3% from finance and banking. All the received campaigns feature a strong musical element, either through the use of synchronisation, artist/brand endorsement, live sponsoring or talent discovering.
The partners of 2013 edition of the midem marketing campaign competition are the Berlin School of Creative Leadership, Brand-e.biz, Brand Entertainment & Contents Summit, IAB, UDECAM, Contagious, The Reel, and Strategies.
For complete information on the midem marketing competition 2013 finalists, please click here.
If you wish to register for midem as a journalist, please click here.
About midem – midem is an annual international b2b event dedicated to the new music ecosystem, with a tradeshow, conferences, competitions, networking events and live performances. It's the place where music makers, cutting-edge technologies, brands & talents come together to enrich the passionate relationship between people & music, transform audience engagement and form new business connections.
SOURCE Reed MIDEM